Feb 11, 2009

Anxiously Awaiting...

As my days in Australia go by I have found myself anxiously awaiting a lot of things. Before I go any further I suppose I should make myself clear. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Australia with Youth With A Mission and have been blessed by God through so many different people. From YWAM Adelaide, to Brisbane, to Newcastle it has been a growing and learning experience, along with a lot of fun.

Friends and Family. That's what I am anxiously awaiting the most. The people in my life are important to me and would be the only real reason I miss anything about home. Talking, laughing, and just being dumb with Riley. Having conversations with my mom. Making fun of Jen and Karli. The list could go on. Let's just say I'm pretty stoked to spend some time with people at home.

Where God is taking me next. That's the other thing I'm anxiously awaiting. I know He has some cool and ridiculous plan for me and I'm excited to live it out and learn from Him. He's taught me about myself, Himself, relationships with others and so many other little things along the way. The options are limitless and it's exciting as well as a little unnerving at times.

Aspects of winter. This might blow some of you away but it makes perfect sense to me because I haven't had snow since last winter. I'm looking forward to snowboarding, playing hockey, going sledding, and having the fire going. Watching the snow fall near the street lights in the evening. Yep, looking forward to it all.

Off the top of my head those are the things I'm looking forward to most. The list of people and things that I will miss after I leave Australia will probably keep growing the longer I'm at home, but right now I am perfectly content with going home in two weeks. Anyhow, that's all I've got for today and I'll see you all in the snow when I get home. Blessings and thanks for your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to having you back too. We are thankful you are doing well and that this has been such a growing time for you. Reflect often so you don't forget the lessons and insights that God has given you.
Auntie Maria and Uncle Ken

oncewasblind said...

Gonna miss ya heaps! .. been sweet hanging with ya the past few months!.....ay! :)